Flood Insurance Offered in Laconia, Meredith, Tilton, NH and MA

What is a flood?

A flood is defined as a general and temporary condition when two or more acres of normally dry land areas or two or more properties are partially or completely inundated with water as a result of:

  • The overflow of inland or tidal waters
  • Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source
  • Mudflows
  • The collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or other body of water resulting from erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood.

Your homeowner’s insurance does NOT cover flooding as defined above!  Protect yourself with Flood Insurance from Holbrook Insurance Center.

Flood Insurance provides Residential Building Coverage and Residential Contents Coverage.

Simply put, Flood Insurance insures your house or dwelling as well as attached and detached garages and certain permanently installed fixtures, such as built-in dishwashers, furnaces and radiators, permanent cabinetry, hot water heaters, etc.

Contents coverage insures most of your personal property and belongings, including:

  • Clothing
  • Furniture, housewares & bedding
  • Decorative items, lamps and lighting fixtures
  • Books and home electronics
  • Area rugs / draperies
  • Clothes washers and dryers
  • Air Conditioners
  • Food freezers (and the food inside)
  • Portable microwaves

Coverage in basements includes:

  • Unfinished drywall for walls and ceilings, including nonflammable insulation
  • Electrical junction and circuit breaker boxes and required utility connections
  • Central air conditioning units
  • Furnaces, hot-water heaters, fuel tanks (and the fuel inside them) and heat pumps
  • Light fixtures
  • Foundation elements
  • Cleanup

NOTE: Flood insurance does NOT cover basement improvements including finished walls, floors or ceilings or personal belongings left in a basement such as furniture or other contents.

Do you need flood insurance?  Consider the facts:

  • Everyone lives in a flood zone, as floods are caused by storms, melting snow, hurricanes and water backup due to inadequate or overloaded drainage systems, dam or levee failure, etc.
  • Flooding can occur anywhere and about 25% of flood claims come from low to moderate-risk areas
  • Flood damage is NOT covered by a homeowner’s policy
  • Flood insurance is available to homeowners, renters and business owners
  • There’s a 30-day waiting period…UNLESS you are purchasing at the time you are writing a mortgage
  • Federal disaster assistance is NOT insurance coverage – it’s a loan that must be repaid
  • Certain flood zones quality for inexpensive preferred rate policies

Contact Holbrook Insurance Center For
All Of Your Personal And Commercial Insurance
contact us